Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Joys of Having Boys...

I have made the comment many times that "The Lord blessed me with boys because I am not very girly, so I would have a harder time at raising girls." I take pride that I have all boys and when people ask, "Don't you want a Girl?" or "Are you going to try for a Girl?" I always say, "No, I am very happy with my boys...my gram had 8 boys and if I had tried for a girl it would have been another boy." I say this with a smile because its the truth...and I am sticking with it.

With boys you get so many little challenges. I can't tell you how many times I have had to break up their fights (more like wrestling matches), ask them to say excuse me when they pass gas (in one form or another), yell at them because they are outside in their good clothes jumping in the mud puddles (which I think I inherited from my Gram Carol...she was always yelling at me about the same thing when I was a kid, lol!).

The one thing that I struggle with is the bugs, worms and toads/frogs. They love 'em. I am not sure if it is because they know that I am not a fan but whatever it is...the love 'em.

Yesterday, I looked out the patio door and there was Nick. Shovel in hand digging holes in the yard.

Mom: "Nick, what are you doing?"

After seeing him with the shovel and 6 different holes throughout my yard.

Nick: "Diggin for worms."
Mom: "Oh, Ok. Why?"
Nick: "Well, I am looking for worms."


Really?


Mom: "What are you going to do with the worms?"
Nick: "I am going to put them all in one hole so that I know where they are all at when I need a worm."


Makes perfect sense, I think.


I really don't mind the boys looking for worms or toads. As long as they don't ask me to HOLD them...we are ok!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Ah yes. Makes perfect sense. :) Maybe you should tell him to just wait until it rains, and then all the worms will come out of the ground... (I grew up with 2 brothers.) :)

Deanna said...

hehe..ah, the mind of a boy! I just keep thinking what are you going to do with all those holes!!! LOL! They're too cute!

Jen D. said...

Yes that is such a boy thing!
Why do they insist on ruining a perfectly good yard????

Laura S. said...

lol...this is too funny. I have two boys & I also have two girls. I think my girls are just as inot the bigs as the boys these days, but I can see that starting to change as they have gotten a bit older.
I don't think I would have stayed as calm with a bunch of holes in the yard though...lol.

Nicole said...

on my goodness that is a crack up, and so like a boy!