Sunday, July 6, 2008

It's been a busy 4th of July weekend for the Inman's

Let's see...
On Thursday night, we we to a cook out with everyone from the bank. That was fun! It was right across the street from the WK Kellogg Airport, so we got to watch the Hot Air Balloons fly into the airport.



I think the boys had a great time, even though they were out numbered by girls, LOL! The boys are at that age where they like girls but they won't ADMIT it. Well, Doug and Ry are but Nick still thinks they are stupid (no offense to any girl...)

On Friday, I ran to town and cleaned out my van. It felt awesome to get it swept out. I know that doesn't sound exciting but I am telling you that the van was in desperate need of a good cleaning. In fact, Doug told his brothers that it MUST remain that clean. We shall see!

At 1 we went to the annual Family, Friends and Neighbor picnic. It was really fun and I love the feeling of sitting down and talking to my neighbors. How often do we do that in today's society? The only problem with the picnic is that Nick must have said something that annoyed his cousins because he came to me to tell me that 1 held him down while 2 others punched him in the stomach. I was hot! From past experiences, I know that nothing would really be accomplished if I called the Moms. Its the "Let them work it out themselves" thinking. Ok, fine. So, I told my boys next time they see them, they need to take care of the issue. No fighting but to let the cousins know next time they want to pull that crap, they better make sure its fair. 3 against 3. The joys of boys and their way of working things out.

Anyway, later that night, I talked Rog into making a bonfire and roasting some s'mores while we were doing fireworks. Doug said it was the best 4th of July ever! I know that isn't true but its nice to know he had a good time. The only picture that I got that I really like is this one:

Today I had to work and we were semi-busy. Which was good because it made the time go by fast. Nick and Doug stayed the night over at Brenda and Charlies, so Rog and I took Ry out to Taco Bell for dinner. Afterwards, we went ran into town, parked the car and walked up to main street to watch all the classic cars cruise. Its a big thing on the weekend of the 4th. Our town has what you call, Cruise to the Fountain. Its pretty neat. While walking back to the truck, we noticed the fireworks going off at the fairgrounds, so we sat and watched them for awhile! It was a perfect night!

On Sunday we have a Family Reunion at 1. So, we have Church in the morning and then rush home to get ready to leave for the Reunion. Usually we don't stay long, just long enough to visit with a few family members and eat.

Just so you know, I have taken 2 hour naps every day of this long weekend! I think I will be taking another one tomorrow. LOL!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh, I love that picture! Glad that you all had a good (if busy) weekend so far!