Saturday, July 26, 2008

Today was busy!!

Roger's work had what I guess is a Family Day and invited them to a cook-out and a day at Binder Park Zoo. We don't do alot as a family, so I was glad to get this opportunity. It was a good time. We rode the bus to the Wild Africa safari exhibit and the boys got the chance to feed the giraffes and the pigmy goats (I will share pictures later).

I found out Rog had never been to the zoo! I couldn't believe it, he has lived in Battle Creek all his life and NEVER been to that zoo. Heck, when the boys were little, I swear I went 3 times a year. Each boys class had a outing to the zoo at least once a year. Anyway, after the Wild Africa Safari, we went and had lunch and then headed back to the zoo. Actually, we only went back so that Rog could ride the little train (that was always my favorite thing to do when I was little). Then we headed home.

I couldn't wait to get home...I had scrapping to do. You do remember that this weekend is CC's Cyber Crop? Before we left for the zoo, I had only finished the one layout from Sarah's challenges and then finished my layout for the challenge over at Backporch Memories. It was nice to scraplift a quick layout. I am very happy with the outcome. Ecspecially since I didn't even know I had this picture. It just jumped out at me this morning.


Once home, I was able to start on another challenge. Challenge #3 to be exact. We had to be inspired by the color schemes one of the new lines from CHA to create the layout. I picked Fancy Pants's ALL FALL line. All I can say is AMAZING and I can't wait to see it in person.

Anyway, here is my layout:


I hope to get more done BEFORE and AFTER church tomorrow!

There is still time to join in on the fun over a Coordinates Collections Cyber Crop! Hope to see you there!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Totally love your take on the challenges. You always do such a great job with colors. I think I'm going to have to start following that color challenge blog so I can get more comfortable... Thanks for playing!