Sunday, August 10, 2008

I have been productive...well, sorta

I did manage to squeeze some housework and chores in between my hanging out over at SO and their Birthday Bash. I even hung my laundry out to dry. I impress myself!

I accomplished 2 single page layouts and 1 double. I haven't done a double in FOREVER but it was really fun. I used the August 12x12 sketch from Pagemaps. I changed things around a little but I really liked the way it turned out.

This was for Challenge #3-Build your own.

(the title is inspired from the song "These are the Days of Elijah")


From Brandy:

Here's a little twist on the ice cream motif -- let's build a banana split. Your call, but it has to involve double scoops (aka, a 2 page LO) and banana halves (pick any sketch from the Aug Pagemaps to inspire you) and three toppings.

Toppings are:
whipped cream: white flocking (check your kit!)
nuts: buttons
pineapple sauce: glitter
chocolate syrup: brown journaling
strawberry topping: ribbon
cherry on top: one burst of red (can be bling, paper, whatever)
sprinkles: doodling or other fun pen work


I just noticed that I used more than 3...oops! Still love the final project.

Bonus Challenge-Two Scoops



From Crystal
We needed to make a layout that has two pictures on it and with at least one circle.

Challenge #6-Unwrap some scrappiness!



From Deanna
I had to use some packaging from some of my scrapbooking supplies to create a layout.oing to unwrap some scrappy supplies and use the packaging on a layout.


I really don't think this is my best work of the night. I am going to blame my husband because he was sitting in here at the computer (in my way). Yeah, that sounds good.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You rocked those challenges, Jen!

jenney said...

Awesome pages, girl!!!

twinsand2boys said...

Great creations!

Unknown said...

these came out awesome -- nice job!

Jenni said...

Awesome LO's girlie!!! You were on a serious roll this weekend! Great job!

Sarah said...

Fabulous! I love them all! :)

Erika said...

Wow, great layouts! Thanks for coming over to SO!