Saturday, August 9, 2008

I'm offically on VACATION!

For the next 14 days, I don't have to wake up to the sound of an alarm clock. YEAH! I did spend the first evening of my vacation helping my boys was their chickens for the fair. I was soaked when we were done. It wasn't something I enjoyed. I actually asked Rog to come home from work to finish setting up the barn so that they could have their own space and lay new straw down. Now we have to wait until Sunday when we take them into be weighed. I hope for the best but I really don't expect the boys to get Grand or Reserved Grand Champion. Which makes me sad for Doug cause he has worked so, so hard. When Ry was slacking, Doug was picking up the slack. I guess I can only wait and see.

After that adventure, I jumped onto the messageboard atSimply Obsessed to see what challenges that they were having for the Birthday Celebration! I managed to finish created by Jenni Smith, a Design Team member. The Vanilla Fudge Ripple Challenge. We had to use a black and white picture (to represent vanilla and fudge) and some type of scallop (to represent the ripple). Heres what I came up with:
Thanks Jenni for the challenge and the scraplift!

If you remember, Deanna Tagged me.

Which is very sweet. In Deanna's blog, she listed some random facts about her, so I guess thats what I am suppose to? What do I list and will it make you laugh at me?

I think from the time I was in 5th grade until I graduated High School, I moved 11 times. It was hard on me at the time but I think its made me who I am. I can be friendly and helpful.

I hate, hate berries. Any type. Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries...yuck! I only eat them to make sure my children eat them. Just like spinach. Not a fan but I make it and eat it so that the boys do.

I love, love bluegrass music. I could sit and listen to it all day.

I dressed up and went trick or treating when I was a Senior in High School. My friends and I purchased those garbage bags that look like pumpkins, stuffed to fill them out and painted our faces. I think we looked cute. Oh, also that night, I saw 3 guys from the local high school trying to take some kids candy. They didn't end up with the candy.

In college, I traveled to Texas to watch our Basketball team play in a tournament. It was so fun. We were able to go to Billy Bob's HonkyTonk. So fun!

My Hope and Glory comes from Christ. I find when I drift away from that path, I become empty and sad.


Ok, I am done. I have to do the tagging. Right? Ok. I know that I want to tag...
Sarah,Leila, Jenney and Nicole.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I LOVE that LO Jen!!!You rocked all the challenges this weekend...thanks for participating!